Monday 31 August 2009

Chinese Curses

I am living in Interesting Times. The cats in their infinite wisdom deemed our freeview digibox as a target for their insurrection against kittens. One of them kindly scented it and in so doing it died. Non plussed I took off for Argos to buy one that they advertised. I diligently wrote the number down and checked with their machine that it was correct and in stock. Sorry said the machine we are out of that product. I was not perturbed. I selected a similar machine and that too was out of stock as were three and four. At this point the prices had risen considerably and I could have been better off purchasing something that gave me other channels. I though this through and decided that the new cat flap (Pukwadji who is very large has broken out existing one) and a new toilet seat were more pressing and that I could probably get a digibox from Tesco the following day. I therefore took down the numbers of the cat flap and tested the machine which indicated I was in luck. I then took down the numbers of the toilet seat and this too looked good. I advanced on their self service machines and again inserted the numbers. Wrong said the machine we do not recognise these codes. Back I went to the catalogue section. By this time the store was beginning to overflow with people. I rechecked the numbers and as this was in a different catalogue position yes they were not the same as I had originally written. I returned to self service. Wrong numbers said the machine. I returned to the catalogue section. This time that machine declared everything to be out of stock. I left.

Arriving back in Greenford I noted the bus for our giant Tesco was approaching and decided to go there rather than waste two days on this quest. I came out with lots of interesting cooking spices and no digibox. They had decided to discontinue their cheaper ones. Our Tesco is interesting in that someone steals the panties from the underwear section one at a time. Obviously this is so that they cannot set of any alarms but it is very frustrating if you wanted to buy a pack of the items.

I crossed the giant car park. It had once again started to rain. I crossed the road and before me I saw the countrywide stores of the washing machine people or rather our one of the same. I admitted defeat and continued through their giant car park to the front doors. The wonderful sales staff sold me a slightly more expensive than I had wanted to pay digibox but at least it was cheaper than Argos or Tesco. It was raining again when I left. The next day I was suffering from a chill and too wobbly to connect anything but such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment