Saturday 21 February 2009

It's the Little Things that send You over the ........

I belong to a development circle at our local church. Originally this was started by a medium called John but now he has left and the other male medium called Trevor has taken over. Trevor is very good as a medium even if he does not entirely believe this himself and he does attend Tony Stockwell courses to improve his abilities. He is also kind enough to give ancient ladies, such as myself, a lift home after our circle finishes. Within the past year he has changed his type of mundane work and retrained to run his own business. This is roughly the point that this particular blog begins.

Meanwhile back in the land that time is rapidly trying to forget, my friend Trevor came to survey my house as he was working towards his HIPs qualification and in so doing discovered I had rising damp. This necessitated removal of plaster to a meter height and the purchase of a dehumidifier. The area in question was behind and to one side of my workspace. I removed the files, boxes, computer table and shelving and piled the aforementioned up at a safe distance from the work. I then spent many a happy hour chiseling to remove the plaster and spent some further interesting hours with the dehumidifier. I discovered that part of the brickwork was in need of repointing and Lidl thankfully had a recent delivery of ready mixed quick drying cement. I purchased a large pot and this was sitting in my hallway as I was hoping to repoint and plaster board before I went to Liverpool. (Yet another saga)

My computer was having problems earlier in the year and as my youngest and her fiancĂ©, were visiting for the Easter break, they took it apart and replaced my RAM and DVD rewriter for me. I was intending to get her to take a photograph for my site when she came home for Christmas last year but I forgot in the general melee. I then thought I could ask her in March but again time flew past and the deed was undone. Finally I thought I would just take it myself so I took my camera out and then found the cable was not in the box. Eureka my brain said, “you left it in the computer usb port”. Indeed I had. However, when they took it apart they had thoughtfully removed the cable.

I sit here and before me is a vast pile of office equipment all gradually toppling into each other thanks to the kindness of my cat friends. (They consider my room to be their very own playground and sleeping area) Somewhere in there lies my cable. I contemplated the teetering mess and considered a trip to PC World.

Eventually I went in search of an old photograph taken when I was fairly tired after a heavy day at work. This I showed to my middle daughter and she agreed that I had not really changed in the past eight years except for slight excess on the chin. Therefore that is what I have scanned into the computer and cropped carefully before converting it to a jpeg. I cannot however, tell what size the result is, but I am hopeful that I reduced it enough for it to be small and even more hopefully, unrecognizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment